Can C60 help with Coronavirus COVID-19 infections?
New novel coronavirus
Until a few weeks ago few had ever heard of the coronavirus. Now billions are aware it is sweeping the world with devastating effects and people are wondering what they can do to help themselves.
This new virus has been called COVID-19 and depending on where you live in the world its impact will vary.
- You may see food, electrical items and medicines you depend on disappear from store shelves.
- You might not be able to work as the company you work for can't source components.
- You may have to self quarantine or you might even be forcibly quarantined if the virus enters your neighborhood.
- Friends, neighbours and close family may become infected.
These are all obviously very frightening prospects and the information about COVID-19 is changing daily;
- how it is transmitted?
- how long is the incubation period?
- how long quarantine should be?
- how infectious it is?
- what are the symptoms?
The purpose of this post is not to add to this information, as no-one truly knows yet, but to suggest how you might reduce your risk from COVID-19. We are not offering a vaccine or a cure, just some commonsense advice to help you protect yourself and your family.
What is happening as a result of the Coronavirus infection?
A recent publication in the medical journal, the Lancet, reviewed a group of the first patients in Wuhan, China where the outbreak started. Many of them suffered severe complications as a result of the COVID-19 infection which included;
- acute respiratory distress syndrome,
- RNAaemia (virus particles in the blood)
- and acute cardiac injury
and some of them died as a result of these conditions.
When the body is exposed to an infection the immune system will produce different groups of chemicals in response and some of this cause inflammation as your body fights the infection. One group of the chemicals released by the body is called cytokines and these help regulate the immune system and level of inflammation.
Sometimes the body over produces cytokines or their proper regulation is lost. You see this in conditions like, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, psoriasis, eczema and many others. The body begins to attack itself and the resulting inflammation causes damage.
In extreme cases you can have what is called a "cytokine storm" where the levels and types of cytokines produced lead to dramatic organ failure and death and this is happening in many COVID-19 patients.
Can C60 help reduce inflammation?
There are many studies that have shown C60 has reduced inflammation in the lab and at C60inOliveOil.com we have direct reports of people taking C60 in oil who have seen improvements in their conditions which include; rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, psoriasis, eczema. There is clear evidence that C60 is able to reduce inflammation and help people lead normal lives after years of pain and suffering.
Can C60 help in COVID-19 infections?
- We don't know and therefore we are not claiming it will.
- We do know that COVID-19 causes conditions like; acute respiratory distress syndrome, RNAaemia and acute cardiac injury as a result of over production of cytokines and this has led to thousands of deaths.
- Over production of cytokines causes conditions that have seen significant improvements as a result of taking C60.
There are currently no vaccines or treatments for COVID-19 but that doesn't mean you can't prepare yourself and reduce your risk of infection. I live in a country that currently has very low levels of infection but I am preparing and have stocks of disposable gloves, close fitting eye wear and properly fitting N95 face masks.
Two simple precautions
- Every day I take C60, as does everyone in my family.
- We use good regular hand hygiene.
These are 2 simple actions I feel are sensible precautions to reduce my risk of either contracting COVID-19 or the effects should I become infected.